Senior CBT Psychotherapist
• I am a psychotherapist specialising in treating Depression and Anxiety Disorders, using brief therapies which have good evidence for being effective.
• I work with both individuals and couples.
• For therapy to work, it needs a respectful, non-judgemental and collaborative relationship between us, and to be a safe environment in which to deal with difficult problems.
• We start therapy by getting a clear, shared understanding of the problems you are facing, including how the problems came about and what is keeping them going, and what you want to get out of the therapy. We then make a plan to deal with the key problem.
• The brief therapies I use are Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), for individuals and couples, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) for individuals.