Senior CBT Psychotherapist
• I am a psychotherapist who specialises in enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) for individuals & couples, with over ten years of experience working in the NHS and privately.
• Feelings of shame and self-criticism often underpin depression and anxiety disorders. CFT helps you to understand and explore the relationship you have with yourself and how you deal with difficult emotions. It supports you to cultivate self-compassion, so you are better able to deal with distress.
• I find that problems in relationships are triggered by communication difficulties that are usually the result of, rather than the cause of, relationship distress. These are further maintained by an increase in unhelpful behaviours and beliefs towards each other and a reduction in positives.
• The approach I use helps you to identify these processes as well as supporting you and your partner to work through any negative emotions that may have been activated as a consequence of the relationship problems; such as anger, anxiety, sadness or disgust
Health Condition Specialist
• I work with individuals (or couples) who may be experiencing difficulties adjusting to changes in their health; whether newly diagnosed with a long term health condition such as Diabetes, Chronic Pain, IBS or with symptoms of an existing condition.